The annual event in Dallas – Autumn at the Arboretum will come back this Autumn with colorful arrangements and a variety of interesting activities. So it’s time to pack your fall full of fun!
Autumn at the Arboretum was named as one of America’s Best Pumpkin Festivals by Fodor’s. It returns with a different theme each year. The 2021’s theme is “Bugtopia”, and this year’s celebration marks the 16th festival.
1. The Fest Signifies The Arrival Of The Beautiful Autumn In Dallas
The Autumn at the Arboretum is officially held at Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden, 8525 Garland Rd, Dallas, Texas. It usually takes place from September 18 to October 31 and features stunning arrangements made from more than 90,000 pumpkins, squash, and gourds from the West Texas town.
2. Wonderful Things To Do And To View At The Autumn At The Arboretum
This year’s display will be coming alive with large insect topiaries, fascinating pumpkin houses, and a maze for young fest-goers. Besides, there are tons of activities offered during the event, so you can fully enjoy the colorful exposition, purchase regionally-grown pumpkins and entertain at the same time.
Wandering around the Arboretum, you’ll experience over 150,000 fall flowers- chrysanthemums, marigolds and more creating breathtaking colors throughout the 66-acre garden.
Some special events take place during Autumn at the Arboretum:
- Arboretum’s walking tours, horticulture demonstrations, and harvesting round out the festival.
- Live music by local popular bands every weekend afternoon.
- Some hands-on experiences like nature art, live insect demonstrations, expert chats, and so much more.
- A Tasteful Place garden offers seasonal daily samples of in-season plants.
- a petting zoo, face painting and other activities for children on On Family Fun Weekend, October 9-10 and on Halloweekend, October 30-31.
- Kimberly-Clark presents Mommy and Me Mondays, Tiny Tot Tuesdays, featuring stroller fitness, face painting, Kindermusik, a petting zoo, a pumpkin patch, bale maze and a lot of pumpkins for purchase.
Moreover, fest-goers can also visit A Tasteful Place or Dallas College Cooks to experience some activities like cooking demonstrations, horticulture demonstrations and flower arrangements.
3. Good Treats From Local Restaurants Nearby Autumn At The Arboretum
After a couple of hours at the fest, you’ll probably meet lunchtime. And if you don’t know where to eat, here are some recommendations near the Arboretum.
- Cane Rosso serving up wood-fired, hearty pizzas, located across the street from the brewpub
- White Rock Alehouse & Brewery located across the street from the brewpub, featuring a great beer garden and food
- Tacos La Banqueta Authentic offering Mexico City-style tacos
- Torchy’s Tacos offering Texan tacos and queso, killer chips
If you prefer a meal in the Dallas Arboretum, there are some options for you. The Restaurant DeGolyer, for example, offers upscale, locally sourced eats while The Lula Mae Slaughter Dining Terrace serves a “sandwich counter” experience for guests and wraps, salads,…
If you want to enjoy the view while you eat, you can also prepare your meals at home and dine on the patio.
4. Purchase Tickets For Your Visit To Autumn At The Arboretum
To get tickets to the fest, you can visit the official website of the Arboretum. The price of entry to the Arboretum depends on several factors like the day you go and your age. On full-price days, adults get in for $17, seniors 65 and older get in for $14, kids 2-12 for $12 and children under 2 get in free.
Be sure to purchase your tickets in advance to get some discounts. And if you’re driving, you should buy a parking pass online for the price of $10. The parking pass will be $15 if you wait to purchase it in person.
5. Top Autumn Outfit Ideas For The Autumn At The Arboretum
The best thing about Autumn is its weather. At the time, the air is a little bit chilly, the sunshine is lighter. It’s the best time to put on your favorite cozy sweaters, jackets or chunky cardigans.
There is one thing you should remember: Layer everything. You should prioritize comfortable and functional clothes when you pair pieces. During the fest, you may be sweating, and by wearing layers you can remove pieces easily whenever you feel unpleasant.
Here are some chicest Autumn outfit ideas that you might love to wear to the fest.
A Nice Light-color Sweater And High-rise Skirt
The easiest outfit to wear in Autumn is a cream white sweater and a high-rise skirt with side pockets. You’re gonna fall in love with this ensemble because it goes really well with the beautiful color of pumpkins and falling leaves.
Be sure to add a skinny brown leather belt, a pretty necklace, and leather ankle boots to look extra perfect.
Denim Are Alway On Trend
Denim is probably the most favorite of choice when it comes to street style. From denim jackets, distressed boyfriends to denim skirts, comfy jeans, those are incredibly functional and fashionable in any kind of weather.
To complete your outfits, wear a slouchy beanie, chunky boots or sneakers and you’re ready to impress others.
Make Fun With Cardigans
Cardigans are the best item for autumn. It’s basic, effortless and easy to pair with other items. It’s festival time, so just make some fun with a loose-fit knitted wrap cardigan, a basic tee and skinnies.
For accessories, a small handbag and knee-high boots would go well with the clothes.
Autumn at the Arboretum is one of the best Autumn experiences of the year. Grab all of your intimate friends and head to Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden to have fun.
You may also like: X Important Things To Know About The Great Jack O’lantern Blaze 2021