The Adirondack Balloon Festival is coming back this year with brand new and reinvented experiences. Scroll down for detailed information and outfit tips!
Fall, one of the best times of the year, will be coming in any minute. And that means it’s time to indulge in the nice and chilly weather at a fall festival. If you haven’t had a destination yet, then you definitely shouldn’t miss out on the fest this year.
1. What Is Special About The Adirondack Balloon Festival?
The Adirondack Balloon Festival has been internationally recognized as one of the best festivals in the US. It has received accolades from the New York Times, the Food Network, and The Weather Channel and is named one of the Top 100 Events in North America.
Throughout the year, the fest has attracted many balloon pilots from across the country and internationally. It also exposes the former relationships between the Glens Falls region and other cities like Japan, Saga City, Quebec and Gatineau.
Recently, the fest was honored to be rewarded as Best Tourist Attraction, Best Local Event, Most Missed Event of 2020 and Most Anticipated Event for 2021 by Post-Star and the Top Five Capital Region Festivals by The Times Union.
2. The Adirondack Balloon Festival Is Returning Bigger This Year
The year 2021 marks the 48th annual celebration of the fest. Due to the pandemic, all the changes will mainly be for safety and social distancing. However, Adirondack Balloon Fest still welcomes hundreds of thousands of spectators to experience all the brand-new events for the community.
The Adirondack Balloon Festival 2021 will take place on the last weekend of September, from September 23 to 26. It will be held in multiple locations and 100% free for the community.
3. What You Can Expect At The 2021 Festival
This breathtaking event features a wide variety of hot air balloons in the Lake George Area. You will see a host of rounded and colorful balloons as well as shaped ones lighting up the beautiful skyline. Moreover, floating above the Adirondack Mountains will be an unforgettable experience that amateur adventurers and professional balloonists would love to get every single year.
The opening ceremonies of the Adirondack Balloon Festival will occur at Crandall Park in Glens Falls on Thursday, featuring plenty of food vendors, live music, children’s activities and the flight of up to 20 hot air balloons. The Zonta Club is the main organizer of craft vendors, with the effort to prioritize the local community.
The Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport will act as the base ground of main events. There is a lot of family fun, activities, and live entertainment during the festival. In the evening Glens Falls Block Party will occur in downtown Glens Falls with balloon baskets on display, the car show, live music and fun children’s activities.
4. The Schedule Of The Adirondack Balloon Festival This Year
Thursday – September 23
- 6:00 pm – 9:30 pm: Glens Falls Block Party takes place on Glen Street with family-friendly activities, music, the car show, balloon baskets on display and kid’s activities.
Friday – September 24
- 3:00 pm: Gates Open at Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport
- 5:00 pm – 6:15 pm: Balloon Launch – the flight of more than 50 hot air balloons in different shapes (weather and wind conditions permitting)
Saturday – September 25
- 6:30 am – 7:30 am: Early Morning Balloon Launch – the flight of more than 50 hot air balloons in different shapes (weather and wind conditions permitting). Gates will be closed after the morning launch.
- 6:15 pm: Static display of select balloons
- 7:30 pm: Lighting Up The Night – Airport Moonglow
Sunday – September 26
- 4:30 am: Gates Open
- 6:30 am – 7:30 am: “Walter and Joan’s Mass Ascension” – the simultaneous flight of more than 50 hot air balloons in different shapes (weather and wind conditions permitting).
5. Best Outfit Idea To Wear At The Adirondack Balloon Festival
There are so many things to talk about fall: the magical colors of leaves, dark nights and chilly mornings. That’s why when it comes to getting dressed, we may find it a little bit tricky. It’s too cold for summery dresses and too mild for cashmere and winter coats.
The good news is, we’re here to help you. At the transitional time of year, there are plenty of solutions to dress like a total pro.
The first option for you is Jumpsuits. They were made for transitional weather and they’re suitable for any occasion. The tip is just to play with colors. A colorful Jumpsuit certainly not too somber and not too serious for the Adirondack Balloon Festival.
In fall, florals can happen. But you have to be smart to make it feel less like spring. A floral dress and a sweater of chunky knit and leather boots will be perfect. For accessories, a basic necklace and skinny earrings would make a nice and complete ensemble.
The last choice is the safest for young ladies – a pullover. This item is a must-have for fall, especially the turtleneck one. Style your outfit with a light cream pullover and your favorite pants and cute boat shoes and you’re ready to go.
What can make the fall season in North America more special? The answer is the Adirondack Balloon Festival. So put on your favorite outfits and enjoy the wonderful ambiance of the fall weather there.
You may also like: Come To The Santa Fe Wine And Chile Fiesta And Savor The Taste Of Autumn